Recipes

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Forward Reset (FR) Step 3

We made a decision to entrust our will and our lives to the care of the collective wisdom and resources of those who have searched before us.

Forward Reset - FR 12 Steps

I've come to understand FR Step 3 as surrender.  Surrendering to the wisdom and resources available to me and not trying to modify everything to fit my lifestyle.  After all, while I feel most things in my life are manageable, my compulsive overeating is not something within my control.

In past attempts I would manipulate my food plan to best fit my situation at the time.  This would work for a time but always seem to back me into a corner that for which I found no way out.  My desire was to lose weight quickly and worry about long-term consequences last.  

Today I use a food plan based in science, a proven plan that I can surrender control and let the plan do it's work.  I do have to be mindful but I don't have to control it.

Allowing surrender kind of switches the tracks of compulsive food thoughts.  It stops the cycle mentally because I'm no longer in charge.

Today I am willing to go another day.

-Steve C


No comments:

Post a Comment