Recipes

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Dieting vs Lifestyle

This isn’t not my first time losing weight.  I’ve been dieting all my life, I’ve lost hundreds of pounds but when the diet ended the weight returned. This time I’m not dieting, I’m fighting that “diet” mentality and replacing it with the question, “Can I do this way of eating forever?”  The answer for today is, YES I CAN!  I can live this new lifestyle of eating reasonable, healthy, best choices and strive for doing even better at my next meal.  What happens if I make a poor choice?  Each moment of my new way of living allows me to make the food best choices I can, if in a moment I make a choice that is considered poor maybe it’s because it’s the best I could do at that moment.  But does that mean I quit and go back to my old ways?  Of course not!  Each moment I choose to be better, do better, live better… that is MY choice – food has no power in gratitude!  In dieting I felt restricted, deprived, angry, different, and depressed.  In my new way of living I’m eating foods that feed my body and are nutritionally sound.  These choices make my body feel better and in that space I don’t need to overeat to get my “feel good fix”.  Eating and living life is full of ups and downs and so is my new way of living.  In the end, making the best food choices will result in weight loss, and allow me to live happier and healthier for today.

 

Steve Colbeth
FORWARD RESET
support@forwardreset.com
http://forwardreset.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment