Recipes

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Diet or Lifestyle?

I've heard people say, "I need a break"! Meaning they are taking a break from their food plan and just doing whatever goes. The idea is that after a break they'll return to their diet, stronger and more resilient.


What are you thoughts about this?

I immediately thought, if you need a break then you aren't living a lifestyle you are on a restrictive diet.

I think this is a major difference that needs to be recognized because if you are like me I can be very successful at restrictive dieting, I can lose tremendous amounts of weight, but I have struggled at creating the lifestyle. Something works for me everyday, day-to-day, one day at a time.

If what we are doing for our food plan requires restrictive food intake then ultimately that won't be sustainable.

What we want to create is a lifestyle. No bad foods, only foods that provide better nutrition and fuel to our bodies than others. We want to change the mindset of restrictive thinking to being grateful that we able to select any foods if we want but our desire to use food to fuel our bodies allows us to search for foods that are more nutritious and get closer to our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment